On Marta Szabo’s blog The Guru Looked Good, she says about herself:
Marta Szabo: “I am a writer of memoir. My husband, Fred Poole, and I run a series of workshops we call Authentic Writing in which people write passionately about their lives. I do almost all of my writing in these workshops. For readers of the Siddha Yoga blog: I was on full-time, live-in staff 1990-2000 in Manhattan, South Fallsburg & Ganeshpuri. ~ ~ ~ During the course of The Guru Looked Good being posted I was contacted once by phone by ashram management, telling me to take down the blog immediately and threatening to take legal action against me if I didn’t follow orders.” (Reference)
When the blog “The Guru Looked Good” first went online, Marta Szabo appeared very needy because she solicited PayPal donations with the following blurb:
Marta Szabo: “It is extremely fulfilling to have you read this writing. Even more so when you let me know that it has been of value to you, and even entertaining. If you have the means and are so moved, you are welcome to make a donation. Your gift will be used to sustain me, my writing and my efforts to support others to write their stories and uncover their own truths. Thank you.”
Fast forward a few years and Szabo’s needy donation request is no longer evident. What is evident, however, is Marta Szabo’s frequent parties and trips (which even included a trip to Paris). How much money did Marta Szabo receive in donations and did anyone fund her book?
Stange enough, Marta Szabo belonged to a fanatic cult before joining the Siddha Yoga movement (the details of which are to be released in another book not yet published) and is currently an ex-devotee of both Swami Muktananda and Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.
On April 20th 2010, Marta Szabo was sent an email asking her what her personal views were regarding ex-cult and/or anti-cult members who profess being worshippers of Shakti (often in the fiercer forms, like Kali or Hecate) and who claim to be occultists, New Agers, psychics, tarot card readers, reiki masters and the like.
Marta Szabo did not answer the email. Why not?
MARTA SZABO, JOAN R. BRIDGES & SHADOW OF THE GURU
Marta Szabo is directly associated with the Shadow of the Guru website and related “anti-cult” documentary. See for yourself:
Shadow of the Guru is the name for an “anti-cult” website and “anti-cult” documentary owned by “CEO” Joan Radha Bridges (a self-professed psychic, reiki master, Goddess and tantra practitioner who is into kinky, sexual, provocative, fetish, lesbian, Goth and Shiva Shakti imagery).
Joan Radha Bridges is also strongly partnered with Jade Sol Luna, a man who is closely allied with satanists, occultists, witches, psychics, tarot card readers and Goth priests. For example, on Jade Sol Luna’s “Masters Of Invocation” CD (View MySpace Page), the tracks are:
- BBTN - Intro 3:47
- Raven Digitalis - Hades Invocation 4:38
- Matthew James - Temple of Sokar 6:43
- Helene Delcroix - Call to Lucifer (Latin)2:15
- Jade Sol Luna - New Moon Invocation 4:35
- Venus Satanas - Invocation to the Infernal Ones 4:37
- Kindra RavenMoon - Call to Lilith 3:46
- Raven Digitalis - Set Invocation 3:29
- Jana - Queen of the Crossroads 3:51
- Matthew James - Sokar Invocation 4:06
- Helene Delcroix - Call to Lucifer (French)4:06
- Kindra RavenMoon - Dark God Invocation 2:06
- Jade Sol Luna - The Goat of Passion 3:42
- Raven Digitalis - Hades Invocation- Club Mix 4:36
- Kindra RavenMoon - Call to Lillith- Club Mix 3:42
On the “Masters Of Invocation” CD, Jade Sol Luna worked with Raven Digitalis, Helene Delcroix, Venus Satanas and Kindra Ravenmoon. Who are these people?
- Helene Delcroix (View MySpace Page) is a self-professed wiccan, satanist, clairvoyant, psychic, astrologer, tarot card reader, black magician, fortune teller and parapsychologist.
- Raven Digitalis (View WebSite) is a self-professed witch, pagan priest, wiccan, Goth, author, DJ, artisan, empath, tarot card reader and spiritual counselor who offers divination services, public rituals, handfasting, blessings, guided meditations, healing work, chakra alignment, exorcisms and herbal crafts.
- Venus Satanas (View WebSite - View Psychic WebSite - View Blog) is a self-professed satanist, wiccan, tarot card reader, seller of satanic ritual items and psychic who claims she can pronounce curses and summon infernal deities.
- Kindra Ravenmoon (View MySpace - View WebSite) is a satanist, demoness, dark arts alternative model, independent horror film actress, music journalist, musician, writer, Goth and witch.
Joan Radha Bridges is so devoted to Jade Sol Luna’s dark philosophy, she actually hosted a seminar for him in her house in Atlanta and allowed him to worship her Goddess statue there. On Joan Radha Bridges’ MySpace page (which is now set to private), she referred to Jade Sol Luna as her “teacher” and claims to follow the dark path of “La Sera”, which means “The Left Hand of Wicca”. Jade Sol Luna made a CD entitled “La Sera” and his visual depiction for that path is clearly Satanic:
La Sera is based on what Jade Sol Luna calls “Nirrtibhava Tantra” (Nirrti being the Hindu Goddess of death and corruption) that is associated with the fierce Goddess Kalika Devi. Even more disturbing are pictures of Joan Radha Bridges engaged in tantric meditation while holding a human skull in her hands (Pic Link)! Jade Sol Luna also figures prominently on Joan Radha Bridges’ Shadow of the Guru website and associated YouTube trailer. See for yourself:
These are the type of people that Marta Szabo endorses, promotes and associates herself with! Marta Szabo would have us believe that it is wrong to believe in Gurus, but that it is OKAY to believe in and trust “anti-cult” activists like Joan Radha Bridges and Jade Sol Luna who advocate for Satan, Lucifer, Goth, Wicca, tarot, psychics, reiki, astrology, dark magic, left-hand paths, Goddess statues and Goddess cults. Shocking!
Perhaps Marta Szabo can write another book telling us how she was duped again and title it “The Guru Busters Looked Good”.